Arterial hypertension (HTA) is Abnormal elevation of blood pressure in arterial wallsAccording to the official Social Security website,
“To talk about hypertension, you need:
- altitude of Systolic blood pressure at 14 cmHg (140 mmHg) or higher;
- Elevation of or diastolic blood pressure at 9 cmHg (90mmHg) or higher;
- These measures are observed several times during 3 consecutive visits over 3 to 6 months (for very severe hypertension, treatment is initiated at shorter intervals). ”
high blood pressure symptoms
Hypertension is often a silent disease,Inconspicuous. High blood pressure is often discovered incidentally by doctors. Often, due to the stress of being in front of a doctor, measurements are requested at the patient’s home to make sure it’s not the “white coat effect” as medical professionals know it. Some symptoms suggestive of hypertension may still guide the diagnosis.
- fly in front of you
- Malaise ;
- sleep problems;
Hypertension: A Chronic Health Problem
High blood pressure, if left untreated, can lead to many health problems. Cardiovascular complications, renal complications, and high blood pressure also frequently contribute to stroke and reduce a patient’s life expectancy. Treatment consists mainly of normalizing blood pressure. This treatment is based on two of his factors:
- of Lifestyle and dietary measures : Return to a healthy weight if overweight/obese, eat a balanced diet, and exercise regularly, quit smoking, and limit alcohol consumption.
- If these measures are insufficient, taking antihypertensive drugs Thiazide diuretics, beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, and angiotensin 2 receptor antagonists (ARA 2) are considered.
The choice of treatment is obviously made by the doctor on a case-by-case basis.
To find out if you have high blood pressure, don’t hesitate to check your blood pressure regularly. Discover 5 Ignored Signs That Can Warn You.
“ The blood vessels in the retina may become slightly hardened and hardenedThey push and cross each other like two pipes in a confined space. As it gets worse, some of the blood vessels begin to leak and bleeding can be seen. Dr. William White, an optometrist at Baylor Scott & White Health in Temple, Texas, said in an interview with Eat This, Not That!
Stress and anxiety can be signs of high blood pressure. Practicing regular physical activity can help reduce a patient’s stress level.
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure and cause atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat). Don’t hesitate to discuss your alcohol consumption with your GP.
The less you sleep, the more your blood pressure rises… When insomnia and other sleep disturbances are caused by stress, they can be signs of high blood pressure.
These symptoms are largely unknown, but Vallerie McLaughlin, M.D., director of the pulmonary hypertension program at the University of Michigan Frankel Cardiovascular Center, said in an interview with Eat This, Not That! said to be the most common. .